COVID-19 UPDATE: The event has been postponed to 18 September 2020 and will be held online. New ticket prices have been announced, please see them here. Partial and total refund claim timeframes have been announced to all participants by email and social media and are governed by the Terms and Conditions below.
1. A contract shall be deemed to have been made between Retro Digital Ltd., Crisol Translation Services (jointly, “the Organiser”) and the booking client (“Attendant”) when the Attendant has confirmed requirements for The Creative Language Conference (“the Event”) via the Event registration form and the Organiser has accepted this booking – a booking confirmation or the sending of the corresponding invoice being proof of such acceptance.
2. Bookings do not automatically guarantee confirmation of a place at the Event. The Organiser will confirm all bookings in writing. Places cannot be reserved without full payment. All bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse bookings at its discretion.
3. Bookings made within 3 days of the Event must be paid by cash on the day of the Event.
4. Payment is due upon receipt of an invoice and must be settled prior to the Event.
Consequences of Failure to Pay
5. If full payment is not made when due, this will be considered a breach of contract by the Attendant, and the Organiser will be entitled to reallocate the Attendant’s booking. In this instance the Organiser will inform the Attendant that their booking has been reallocated.
6. If payment in full has not been made by the date of the Event, the Organiser reserves the right to deny the Attendant entry.
7. In the event that the Attendant is denied entry, the Organiser shall return any monies already paid by the Attendant.
Cancellations by the Organiser
8. The Organiser reserves the right to amend or cancel the Event. This includes changes to dates, times, speakers, content and the programme.
9. In the unlikely occurrence that the Organiser cancels the Event, the Organiser will return any payments received in advance by the Attendant.
Cancellations by the Attendant
11. Cancellation notices received 8 weeks or more prior to the date of the Event (18 September 2020) will be refunded in full.
12. Cancellation notices received between 8 and 6 weeks prior to the date of the Event (18 September 2020) will be subject to 50% payment.
13. Cancellation notices received within 6 weeks prior to the date of the Event (18 September 2020) will be subject to full payment.
Failure to Attend the Event
14. No refunds will be provided on failure to attend the Event and the Attendant will be subject to payment in full of the original booking fee.
Alterations to Advertised Packages
15. Every reasonable effort will be made to adhere to the Event programme as advertised, however, the Organiser reserves the right to make changes to the Event’s, speakers, content and programme.
Promotions and Advertising
16. Advertisements or promotional materials from third parties may be presented at the Event and on the Event’s website. The Attendant’s participation in any third party promotion is subject to the terms and conditions associated with that promotion, and the Organiser will not be held responsible for any liability, loss, or damage of any kind incurred as a result.
Patents and Trade Marks
17. All trademarks, service marks, trade names, slogans, logos, and other indicia of origin that appear at or in connection with the Event are the property of the Organiser and/or its affiliates. The Attendant may not copy, display or use any of these marks without prior written permission by the relevant owner. The Event and/or portions of the Event may be protected under patent law as the subject of issued patents and/or pending patent applications.
Limitations of Liability
18. The Organiser does not accept responsibility for accident, injury, or loss suffered while attending an Event, unless it is directly due to negligence by the Organiser.
19. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under the Contract that is caused by any act or event beyond our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
20. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any loss incurred while using material or information gathered at the Event.
21. The copyright of all training material rests with the trainer, speaker or the Organiser and the Organiser will not be held responsible for any infringements as a result of plagiarism, libel, slander or misuse of material.
22. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, materials presented at the Event may not be reproduced, copied, or in any way incorporated into or stored on any website, electronic retrieval system, publication or in any other form.
23. Bookings are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue. All such rules and regulations will apply, unless otherwise specified by the venue and, where applicable, the Organiser.
24. The Organiser and venue management reserve the right to refuse admission or to eject an Attendant in circumstances deemed reasonable (for example, due to concerns regarding health and safety, security, or environmental concerns), and may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of all attendants. An Attendant may also be refused entry or ejected from the venue on account of exhibiting anti-social behaviour or declining to be searched. No refunds will be offered to an Attendant who is refused entry or who is ejected in these circumstances.
25. Neither the Organiser nor the venue operator will be responsible for loss, damage, death or injury incurred, unless (i) the relevant party has breached its legal obligations and (ii) such loss or damage is a direct or reasonable foreseeable result of the breach.
26. Compensation for loss or damage to personal property brought to the venue that occurs within the exclusions above, will be limited to the cost of repair or to replace, taking into consideration wear and tear.
27. If you wish to make a complaint, please notify the Organiser team immediately and they will take responsibility to find a speedy and satisfactory solution. In the event that you are not satisfied with the solution, please put this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
29. Photography, filming and recording may be carried out at the Event. The Attendant consents to being included in photographs, video and/or sound recordings which may be used by the Organiser, without payment, in printed and electronic media, including the Event’s and Organiser’s website and social media, for promotion of the Organiser and its activities and may be selected for permanent preservation in the Organiser archives and used for research, publication, education, lectures, broadcasting, public performance, displays and exhibitions.
Law and Jurisdiction
30. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, unless otherwise submitted by the Organiser.
31. In some circumstances you may be entitled to a full or partial refund for your Subscription Fee. These refunds are at the discretion of the Organiser and subject to management approval. If you have query regarding a refund of your subscription fee, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.