Founder and Executive Director at AI Impact Alliance
Lawyer, mediator, inter-arts curator and artist, Valentine Goddard is the founder and executive director of AI Impact Alliance, an international NGO whose mission is to facilitate an ethical and responsible implementation of artificial intelligence, producer of the annual conference AI on a Social Mission and the Art Impact AI workshops. She is a member of the United Nations expert group on The Role of Public Institutions in the Transformative Impact of New Technologies. Ms. Goddard has been named among the top 50 leaders, and 100 women to follow in AI Ethics, sits on several committees related to the ethical and social implications of artificial intelligence, while being regularly invited to speak at international conferences. In her multidisciplinary and applied approach to the ethics of AI, she places special emphasis on human dignity, having initiated throughout her career cultural and social mediation projects for human rights education. Her recent work is focused on how the Arts can shape AI’s development and governance.
• Member of the United Nations Expert Group on the Role of Public Institutions on the Impact of New Technology;
• Member of the steering committee responsible for defining the role of the future International AI Organization, an international organization aimed at reviewing all initiatives regarding ethical and normative frameworks relative to the governance of AI;
• Founding member of the International Observatory on the Ethical and Social Impact of AI (IOSAID);
• Part of the Stakeholders Planning Meeting (ICGAI 2018) on the Governance of AI, organized by UN Global Pulse in association with WTN and BGI4AI;
• Co-chair of NeurIPS 2018 AI for Social Good, December 7th, 2019, Montreal;
• Co-chair the AI and Society Workshop for the 87th ACFAS Summit, May 29th 2019, Gatineau;
• Guest lecturer at the University of Montreal’s Summer School “The political implications of AI” as well as a regular lecturer at McGill University;
• Advisory Board Member on the AI and Smart Cities Committee at ICTC.